Gumtree Vs. Dealer trade-in Vs. Car Removal Company – Which is the Best Option for Selling Your Car
These days there is a long list of ways you can sell your car, each of them with their own set of pros and cons. It’s good to have options, but with so many to choose from it can be hard to know exactly which the best option for you is. To make it easier for you, we have put together the pros and cons of three popular ways Australians are selling their cars – Gumtree, Dealer trade-in and Car Removal Specialist Perth wide.
- Gumtree has the potential to get you the highest price because it’s you who has all the power in choosing how much you want to sell your vehicle for.
- By advertising your car on gumtree, you have the potential for hundreds, even thousands of people to view your ad – especially if you pay money to advertise it and put it ‘at the top of the list’.
- Advertising your vehicle is free (again, you can also choose to pay to put more of a spotlight on it).
- You don’t have to go anywhere – interested buyers can come to you.
- There is no guarantee that you will get an offer you agree with (or even an offer at all).
- It can potentially take weeks even months before you get an agreeable offer for your car.
- A lot more time and effort are needed by the seller because they are running the show so-to-speak. Taking photos of their car, making an account, replying to inquiries etc.
- Can be potentially hazardous if you are not careful – recently in the news, a man who was selling his car on gumtree was assaulted and had his car stolen.
Cash for Cars
- The most convenient option, especially for damaged or unwanted vehicles– the whole process can be done in one day and you’re paid in ‘instant cash for scrap cars’.
- Towing is free, so you don’t have to worry about towing your scrap car or driving your vehicle there and sorting out transport to get home.
- Cash for cars companies will buy your vehicle ‘as is’ – so you can always guarantee a sale no matter your car’s condition.
- Cash for cars companies can pay a decent amount, especially if your car is scrap – as they value every part of your vehicle from its engine to its scrap metals.
- Has the potential to not get as high an offer by gumtree or a private buyer but you expect up to $9999.
- There are a few disreputable businesses who might want to take advantage of you, so make sure you research the company first.
- You can take care of the selling your vehicle and buying another at once.
- The cost of your new car will be less due to some of its value being paid off by trading in your car.
- The process is relatively quick.
- You – as a rule of thumb – won’t get a good price for your car.
- Your only options for getting a car will be at the dealership, all of which are second-hand.
- There are some untrustworthy dealers out there who might try to take advantage of you or offer a car that has problems of its own.