If you own a Chevrolet vehicle, you are free from many worries. But to keep it equally a good performer, sturdy and stable, it would ask a little bit of regular care from its owner. As you have already made an important investment, caring for it in time would only ensure its fruits and benefits in the long run and that would be the key to avoid costly repairs in the future. Apart from the main maintenance routine, some additional maintenance services would give you the right results. In general, these services are recommended and performed by your dealer.
The Lebanon Chevrolet dealership suggested the following list that includes these services that are not to be ignored, even if your car is apparently in good shape.
- Battery and Brakes
The battery is the power supplier to your car when it starts the engine and it helps in operating every component and electrical accessory.
- To avoid any failure or break-down to start the vehicle, maintaining a full cranking power in the battery is necessary.
Brakes are responsible to stop the vehicle and are the main components that ensure safe driving.
- Recognizing the signs of a wearing brake would save lives. Check for issues like any unusual grinding, chirping, or squeaking sounds or difficulty in stopping the car instantly and take prompt action by taking it to the dealer or repair shop.
- Shocks and Struts
Shocks and struts work for bringing more control and giving a smoother ride.
- The wearing signs of the shocks and struts can be observed through vibration in steering wheel, a bouncing effect while braking, taking longer distance to stop, or uneven tyres.
Wearing Tyres can cause troubles. They need to be regularly inflated, rotated and have a proper balancing. The car moves on the tyres so, keep the tyres healthy to keep your vehicle moving.
- if you see any cord or fabric being visible through the rubber, notice any crack or cut in the tread or in the sidewalls, find any bulging or splitting signs in the tire, then it is time to get them either changes r repaired.
- Wheel Alignment
Wheel alignment is another crucial element to ensure the performance of the tyres making sure that they deliver optimal speed and control.
- Mal-aligned tyres would give signs of trouble like pulling or unusual tyre wear and result in poor vehicle handling and control
- Windshield and Wiper Blades
The Chevrolet dealership serving Lebanon opines that visual clarity in car cannot have any alternative option. Everything related to the car safety is dependent on the windshield visibility and that demands to be spotlessly clean and clear.
- Any sign of scratch, crack or chip should be immediately addressed. Get a proper inspection done at the first hour get the windshield repaired or replace it if recommended by the dealer.
Equally Wiper blades need to be in good condition to maintain the windshield view.
- Even a minor sign of streaking, skipping, and wearing like a split rubber should not be ignored.
The above said maintenance are few among many. To ensure a lengthy life span of your Chevrolet car, stay alert and do not delay in visiting your dealer for a getting a servicing or repair work done.