It is important to take care of your car covers to maintaningits performance and lifetime. While each cover has a different material and also has its own unique set of care techniques. Listed below a few of the most common questions about maintaining cover.
How many times do I have to wash my cover?
There is no magic number because it depends on where you live, and how you can use cover. Don’t be afraid to wash the hood! Dirt particles can be resolved effectively waterproof fabric. Be sure to follow the washing instructions for your coverage.
Can treating my car use Scotch guard ® make it more water resistant?
Car cover fabric has been treated well in almost every instance, with some kind of treatment (durable water expulsion) DWR during the manufacturing process. The effectiveness of such treatment also depend on the fabric. If you hold the fabric up to the light and see the small open areas between the threads will not treat water resistant fabrics. Add additional processors will not help and not worth the cost.
What is the best way to fold when takeoff cover from the car?
It is simply, fold each side above the roof and refold it as necessary so the cover ends up about 2 feet. Then, starting from the front of the car, fold the cover back in increments of about 3 feet. This way you do not pull the cover over the surface of the vehicle, and it’s easy to reverse the installation process.
General cleaning instructions listed below are intended for use with all car covers but you should refer to the instruction sheet enclosed in the hood for any specific instructions fabric care.
- Performance can be affected by severe hood fabric dust which accumulates in the materials. The windshield can cause paint to become dirty and rush, as well as create “torsion” where it really helps to draw water through the fabric, no superseding properties may be water resistant fabric. Cleaning your cover will help to keep your carclean and increase the service life of the CAP.
- DON’T. Cleaning the hood in a washer with agitator Center (except WeatherShield ® fabric covers. It covers can be dried in the dryer with normal heat; cotton; polycotton, flannel and can be dried at low temperature)..
- DON’T. Use cloths.
- DON’T. Dry type non-woven cover or specialization in the dryer.
- Use large commercial washing machine without agitator, wash the cover using 1/4 cup of “Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner” (covers some WeatherShield be enough washed in regular size washer). Put the cover in the washing machine and pour the cleaner in the sink after I had filled with warm water or pour it directly into the machine (some commercial units wall), then put the cover and start the machine.
- Rinse the lid twice (2 X) to remove all the cleaner.
- Air dry (unless one of the above mentioned lids that can be dried in the dryer with normal or low temperature).
- You can also clean the lid by turning it inside out in the car.
- Mix one ounce of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner per gallon of warm water.
- Spray or sponge on the cover.
- Rinse with plain water (until no SUDS are present) and allow to air dry.