If your car breaks down unexpectedly on the motorway, you need to know what to do in order to remain safe. There are a number of steps you can take that will make getting help that much easier.
Stay safe by following these guidelines.
Use these guidelines to stay more secure should an unanticipated breakdown occur.
- First, you want to pull off the motorway as quickly and safely as possible. Turn on your indicator light and try to stay on level terrain. Just make sure you are as far away as possible from the traffic flow.
- Take notice of your car’s location next. Look for major landmarks or exit signs. Some landmarks to note include restaurants, petrol stations, business parks, or shopping malls. You might also try to remember the name of the last exit, or what numbered signs appear close to where you stopped. All this information is needed when calling for assistance.
- Evaluate your car’s possible operating issue. For example, did you hear any strange noises or see a stream of exhaust or steam?
- Turn on your emergency indicators to alert other motorists.
- Contact London car breakdown and recovery services for help.
Getting Your Car Repaired
A recovery service can repair your vehicle on-site or tow it to its repair centre or another site. If you choose to exit your car while waiting for help, make sure you exit on the side that faces away from traffic. Always carry a torch, as well, to keep safe at night. If you choose to stay with the car, keep the doors and windows locked until help arrives.